About Me

My photo
A 26 year old dreamer with a free-spirit disposition.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

How much is too much?

I have seen gross cases in clinics. Blood does not shock me anymore. The worst part of being a doctor is that your emotions mitigate or may be die. But at times it it tough even for a doctor.

This case was one of them.



Patient met with an accident. He had multiple fracture. Due to which he had open bite, means he was not able to close his mouth.




I will not go into details. 

So the patient could not close his mouth…   Due to fracture, there was a lot of bleeding. Hence, blood was a good source of nourishment….For the eggs that house fly had laid in patient’s mouth….  Yes u read correct.

These eggs change into larvae(maggots) in a day.







So can u imagine maggots in  mouth??  Crawling & destructing??



This is a picture of amount of the destruction caused in palatal mucosa.

Patient was in acute trauma…  it was a torture for him. Although, he was operated.



He is fine now. But I wanted to share it with you all.



This case was agonizing for me.There is so much suffering around. :(

p.s sorry for the gross post.






3 comments:

  1. What you are spoken communication is totally true. i do know that everyone should say a similar factor, however I simply assume that you simply place it in an exceedingly method that everybody will perceive. i am positive you may reach such a lot of folks with what you've to mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very attention-grabbing diary. lots of blogs I see recently do not extremely give something that attract others, however i am most positively fascinated by this one. simply thought that i'd post and allow you to apprehend.

    ReplyDelete